February 17, 2009

South Beach Diet


Today is the first day of our South Beach Diet! I decided after talking w/ Karley who had good success with the diet to do it also, and of course Jordan said he would do it too! I'm a little nervous, not with the diet, but how it will effect my running. But I have decided that if for 2 wks I have to slow my running down I will do so, b/c in the long run it will help my running if I am lighter!
I am getting wicked excited about running the marathon even though it is months away! Yesterday we went snowshoeing in the morning than running in the aftertoon. I had a great run yesterday with the dogs and Jordan. No, Jordan didn't run, but he biked along side of me and it made me realize how much easier and shorter my run seemed w/ somebody there! I CAN'T WAIT TO RUN W/ YOU GIRLS!
My run this morning wasn't as fun, but I plan on running 5 miles tomorrow for the first time in a long time! I am hoping that the ice melts on the hills by than!

2 comments:

**Amy** said...

GO KARA!!! (and Jordan)....no carbs for me would suck... Wish you luck!!

karleyawhite said...

Kara! 5 miles is WAY too much on that first phase! I think you should start in at phase 2 if you are running that much. You will still lose weight, promise.