February 9, 2009

Perfect Winter Meal


I ran in the late afternoon yesterday, just over 2 miles (I'm starting from 0 here!). It was an easy run, and I enjoyed the cloudy and cold weather. I know this sounds insane, but when you have nothing but 60 degree, sunny days- clouds and a 10 degree drop are welcomed! 

After I got home I wanted something hearty and wintery: moussaka! It was perfect and oh-so-healthy. I would describe it as a Greek version of lasagna. It fills you up in a warm, wintery way without all the cheese and noodles found in traditional Italian lasagna. The original version of moussaka uses lamb and full-fat Greek yogurt. You can substitute fat-free plain yogurt and turkey and it's delicious! Mmm just had some leftovers for lunch. 

In other news I am considering running a 5K "Year of the Ox" race this Sunday. To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was the best meal I've had in awhile. MMMMM