September 2, 2009

Good Things Come to Those Who Run.


I was in a running slump when I returned from vacation. Stomach aches, zero motivation, feeling like death, etc. The roller coaster that is running had lost it's thrill. Was it over training? Absence of my coach (where the HELL were you KT?!)? Eating and drinking like a sloth on vacation (and, er, continuing to drink like a sloth when I returned)?

Well who knows, I've never been one to relish in solving problems. Instead, I put Katy on the case. Turns out peanut butter on toast is the solution to everything that is wrong in my life. Seriously, it cleared up all outstanding issues I was about to consider taking up with God. (Too much?)

My slump only lasted one week and now Kar'z got her groove back! Then
I ventured out on Sunday to complete a long run and almost got hit by a tour bus. Dave Matthew's tour bus. I was on mile 13ish, completely in a zone and rhythm when a black and sleek (not woolly) mammoth came approximately 14 inches from hitting me! I was pointing and waving my finger like a crazy person when I realized the passenger was Dave Matthews. So, yeah, then I met him.

I really don't understand why this had to happen in 2009. I'm over it. I'm over the jamming and feet stomping and two-stepping. I'm mad at the universe. There was a good 4 to 5 year span of time when this should have happened to me. After we chatted a bit I continued on my run, wondering where he was headed next, which city he would enter to continue to please the masses. Nah, actually I was thinking how happy I was I to almost be done with my run. It was blissful.

1 comment: