September 25, 2009

Halls in the Park!


I went out, somewhat reluctantly, for a run last night. Was supposed to go with Jen and/or Kraig but they both bailed and my leg was kinda hurting... so I dragged myself into the park, turned on some Neko and tried to keep moving.... switched to JT but even that didn't help.... was feeling pretty poopy when, all of a sudden, who comes running along the bridal path?!? Ryan and Sara Hall!! (Ryan won the men's marathon olympic trials in said park last year and I got to see him doing it - one of the most extraordinary, inspiring, goose-bump moments ever.) They were going at a pretty good clip and they looked so fresh and happy! Totally pulled me out of my slump. Had to tell somebody. Facebook peeps wouldn't really get it, but thought you guys would. You know you're a runner when your celebrity sightings are the people in Runner's World. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all Ks in successfully running the Chicago Marathon! You girls rock.