April 2, 2009

thunder thighs=riding up shorts

So I found it hilarious when I logged on to blog and read Katy's, for many reasons. First off it was about 50 degrees here today, for the first time since Winter started, and well that means shorts. Which for most of Vermont, they were thrilled! But for me, well I wasn't, I enjoy running when its cooler, and I enjoy wearing pants while running, because that means no riding up of shorts and rubbing on my thunder thighs! I have yet after how many years of playing soccer and running to find a pair of shorts that does not ride up while I run. IT DRIVES ME CRAZY! My whole run today I pondered the very thought....will I ever find a pair of shorts that don't ride up? Does this happen to everyone? Am I the only one that has this problem?

Sure Body Glide fixes 1/2 of this problem, chaffing, but what kind of shorts do I need to buy to solve the other 1/2, riding up? About 1/2 way thru my run after pondering this for 2.5 miles I thought to myself how uncomfortable it was to run in shorts and how I wished I had winter back, and that way I wouldn't have the problem and I wouldn't be able to see my huge thunder thighs. I've never liked my thighs. Actually I hate them, they are ugly and big, and shorts just remind me of this. So, the rest of the 2.5 miles back to the house I ran my butt off, hoping that my thunder thighs would just decrease with every mile.

Got home and determined to blog.....I started looking up pictures that would perfectly describe how I felt....shorts riding up while running, uncomfortable running thighs, etc...you name it I looked it up. I couldn't find one picture that looked how I felt and the one thing in common in all of these searches was one picture. It goes back to Karley's blog, Nike's Ad about Thunder Thighs.



And well that ad just reminded me of why I run, and why I put up with the shorts riding up my thighs......

P.S. But I'm still open to any suggestions of shorts to buy!

2 comments:

karleyawhite said...

I loveeee that ad! The copy writing is superb. I wear Nike shorts that are very similar to the ones in the ad. They don't ride up, but they are pretty short to begin with!

xoxo.

Anonymous said...

DUDE! I have the SAME problem and last year I offically stopped wearing shorts. Yup. I don't wear them to run, hang out in the park, nowhere, nada. They make my leggies look hugemongous and when I run, they always ride up. My solution = 3/4 pants. Yes, even when it's 90 degrees. I also bought a pair of these for the marathon last year: http://raceready.com/women/2702ld.html

These babies are not super-tight, bulge-producing spandex, they're just fitted. Just enough that they don't move up or around and are just really comfy.