April 21, 2009

Forced off day, and a new appreciation of applesauce


I had my teeth implant surgery yesterday and am told that I absolutely CANNOT run, or do anything else to raise my heartrate, for at least 48 hours. Boooo! Not really supposed to eat anything hot or crunchy either, so I got some applesauce. It's not as good as Mom's, but yum!

I did run on Saturday - around the bridal path in Central Park with Jen. It was FINALLY 70 and sunny and wow is that good for running motivation. Later that day, in celebration of the weather, we had mexican (and margaritas, do I need to say that?) outside. So on Sunday, when I got up for my 4 mile race in the park, I felt like death. At the starting line, during my first few jogging steps, it felt like the cushy fluid inside my skull had been drained out and my brain was just bouncing around in the bone. OW! I willed my way through it and finished in 35:24, an average 8:51 pace!! Moral of the story: drink margaritas, go fast.

No comments: